Last Revised: May 11, 2020
Seller Snap Inc. (“Company”, “we” or “Seller Snap”) respects the privacy of the users of its e-commerce services Platform and Site (“User” or “you”) and is committed to protect the User’s information. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we may collect and use when you use our Platform (as such term is defined below).
- Your consent (important, please read carefully!)
PLEASE NOTE THAT IN ORDER TO USE THE PLATFORM YOU MUST LINK THE PLATFORM TO THIRD PARTY E-COMMERCE SERVICE PROVIDERS’ APIS (THROUGH OPEN STANDARD FOR AUTHORIZATION (OAUTH)), YOU HEREBY GRANT SELLER SNAP ACCESS TO, AND THE ABILITY TO EXTRACT CERTAIN DATA INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL INFORMATION WHICH ARE HELD BY SUCH THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS AND/OR COPY SUCH INFORMATION, AS NECESSARY. PLEASE NOTE – WE WILL EXTRACT THIS DATA SOLELY IN ORDER TO PROVIDE YOU THE SERVICES OFFERED VIA THE PLATFORM. WE DO NOT SHARE OR WILL EVER SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANY THIRD PARTY FOR MARKETING PURPOSES WHATSOEVER.
- Which information may we collect on our Users?
We may collect two types of data and information from our Users:
- a) The first type of information is non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the User from whom we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which does not enable identification of an individual User, and which is available to us when such User installs and/or uses our Platform. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information, behavioral information and aggregated information, and may contain, among other things, the activity of the User on the Site and/or Platform, type of operating system, device type, User’s ‘click-stream’ on the Site and/or Platform, keyboard language, screen resolution, time spent on various screens of the Site and/or Platform, etc.
- b) The second type of information is individually identifiable information and information collected via Amazon MWS API, including inventory data and sales data related to your Amazon seller account (“Personal Information”). This information may identify an individual or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature.
- Users of the Site and/or Platform automatically provide their IP address mainly for enhancing the User’s experience and for geo-location and security purposes.
- Seller Snap may collect, use and provide access to the User’s advertising identifier in accordance with such identifier provider’s policies.
- When you approve Seller Snap as a developer on Amazon Seller Central, Seller Snap will collect data on your Amazon listings, orders and inventory, by accessing MWS API.
- In addition, Personal Information which is being gathered consists of any personal details provided consciously and voluntarily by the User:
- Personal Information is collected from the details the Users provide in the registration form available on the Platform and/or Site (which enables the Users to open an Account), which includes, inter alia, name, business name, email address and phone number. Additional information may be requested in the future.
- Personal Information is collected from the details the Users and visitors of the Site provide in the Contact Form on the Site which includes, inter alia, name, company/organization name, email address and telephone number. You may optionally provide via the Contact Form any text you wish to insert into the “message box”. Our representative may collect additional Personal Information from you.
- Any Personal Information identified in the User Data which is derived from your existing third party E-commerce Account(s) via such third party service provider’s APIs (through open standard for authorization (OAUTH), including any relevant API authentication tokens. We note that we will extract only information which is relevant in order to provide you the Services offered via the Platform.
- Personal Information may be collected from the details the User may provide us while contacting us via the support page available on the Platform or by sending us an email.
Please note – we will use your Personal Information for the sole purpose of providing you the services offered within the Platform, as further detailed in Section 4 below, and NOT for any other purpose whatsoever.
For the avoidance of doubt, any non-personal Information connected or linked to or associated with any Personal information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection, linkage or association exists.
- How Do We Collect Information on our Users?
There are four main methods that we use:
- a) We collect information through your entry, connection, access and/or use of the Site and/or Platform. In other words, when you are using the Site and/or Platform, we are aware of it and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage (such as the Non-personal Information detailed above and your IP address), either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
- b) We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect Personal Information when you register and open an Account or when we collect Personal Information when you contact us through our Contact Form.
- c) We collect Personal Information from your E-commerce Account(s) which you linked to your Account. We collect information and data which may be deemed as Personal Information from the E-commerce Account(s) that you have linked to your Account and which are held by third party e-commerce service providers (e.g. Amazon.com), by using such third parties’ API (through open standard for authorization (OAUTH).
- What are the Purposes of the Collection of Information?
Non-personal Information is collected in order to:
- Use it for statistical, analytical and research purposes and for customization, developing and improvement of our Site and/or Platform.
- Enhance the User’s experience while using the Site and/or Platform.
Personal Information is collected in order to:
- Operate the Platform and the Services.
- Host, store and manage all of your User Data in order to provide the Services.
- To verify the User’s identity when he/she signs in to the Platform.
- Personalize and enhance the Users experience while using the Site and/or Platform.
- We may store on our servers any User Data in order to improve our Services.
- Respond to your inquiry.
- Provide the Users with commercial materials, updates about Seller Snap’s developments, new offerings, news regarding the Services, etc.
- Be able to contact Users for marketing purposes and provide them with technical assistance.
- Determine general geolocation information (i.e., country) from which the User’s computer is connected to the Internet in order for us to know the general location of our Site and Platform’s Users as well as in order to safeguard our Site.
- Sharing Information with Third Parties
For the avoidance of doubt, Seller Snap may transfer and disclose Non-personal Information to third parties at its discretion including without limitation for statistical, analytical and research purposes and for customization, developing and improvement of our Platform.
- Third Party Service Providers and Third Party Software
The Site and/or Platform are intended for Users over the age of thirteen (13). Therefore, Seller Snap does not intend and does not knowingly collect directly Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen (13) and does not wish to do so. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under the age of thirteen (13) are not using the Site and/or Platform.
- Direct Marketing
You hereby agree that we may use your contact details you provided us with (including, without limitation, e-mail address and phone number) for the purpose of providing you commercial and/or non-commercial materials related to our current and/or future products and services. You may withdraw your consent by sending a written notice to Seller Snap’s e-mail address that appears on the Site and/or Platform or alternatively follow the instructions for removing yourself from the mailing list which is available in the message transmitted to you.
- Links to Third Party Websites
- Cookies & Local Storage
When you access or use the Site and/or Platform, we and/or our third party service providers may use industry-wide technologies such as User persistent identifiers (or other similar technologies), which store certain local information on your device (“Local Storage“) which may enable, inter alia, automatic activation of certain features and make the User’s Site and/or Platform experience and usage simpler, more relevant, convenient and effortless. Such information is locally stored in the User’s device. Seller Snap and/or our authorized third party service providers may access such information. Seller Snap and/or our authorized third party service providers may use both session cookies (which expire once you close the Site and/or Platform) and persistent cookies (which stay on the User’s device until he/she deletes them). Such Local Storage used by the Platform may store non-personal information (such as the different pages viewed by a User within the Site and/or Platform) as well as User persistent identifier, which will be collected in accordance with the terms specified herein. It is easy to prohibit and/or delete the Local Storage, inter alia, through the Settings option of your web-browser. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from a device, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. However, if you block or erase cookies, or change the settings of your browser, your Site and/or Platform experience may be affected and may be limited.
- Deletion or Modification of Personal Information
Your data is yours. If for any reason you wish to delete or modify your Personal Information you can do so within the Platform. Deletion of User Data within the Platform will not delete it from the original source (i.e. from the applicable E-commerce Account). In the event that you wish to cancel your Account, you may close your Account using the settings or you can send us an e-mail of your request to: email@example.com, and we will close your Account and delete any Personal Information therein pursuant to any applicable privacy laws. In the event that you wish to modify or delete the Personal Information you provided us via the Site and/or Platform you can send us an e-mail of your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will modify or delete your Personal Information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws. We will retain and use your Personal Information for a reasonable time after termination as necessary to comply with our legal or business requirements or obligations (including as required by applicable law), to resolve disputes, to enforce our Terms and/or to enable the User to reinstate his/her Account. Aggregate and/or anonymous data derived from your Account information or from your use of the Site and/or Platform may remain on Seller Snap servers indefinitely. Note that unless you instruct us otherwise we may retain your Personal Information for as long as required to provide you the Site and/or Platform and the Services, all as permitted under any applicable privacy laws.
We take measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Site and/or Platform and User Data and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry-leading security standards technologies and internal procedures. The Personal Information and User Data are hosted on the Amazon Web Services Cloud servers which provide advanced strict security standards (both physical and logical). In addition, we employ highly secure services design and implementation using state of the art encryption and architectures mechanisms. Furthermore, we implement a secure permission management and auditing system using specific and proprietary firewall and network access filtering as well as security group mechanisms. Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use will never occur. SELLER SNAP SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSIONS OR FAILURE TO STORE OR THE THEFT, DELETION, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR LOSS OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION INCLUDED IN THE USER DATA.
- Got any Questions?