Amazon is on top of the eCommerce ladder when it comes to customer support and service. As a customer-centric company, it continues to introduce key performance metrics to ensure high-quality customer service for its shoppers worldwide.
Just recently, the eCommerce giant introduced Valid Tracking Rate on Amazon. The Amazon VTR is another seller metric that applies to merchant fulfilled orders or packages.
What is Valid Tracking Rate on Amazon?
The Amazon Valid Tracking Rate or VTR is a performance metric that measures how frequently sellers utilize valid tracking information when sending packages to customers.
Simply stated, Amazon Valid Tracking Rate is the “proportion of total shipments sellers made in the specified 30-day period” tracked by Amazon.
Since customers rely mainly on tracking numbers to determine where and when their orders will arrive, the tech giant introduced Valid Tracking Rate on Amazon to reflect shoppers’ expectations.
Through Amazon VTR, shoppers can quickly check carrier status from their purchase history without having to check with customer service constantly.
What are the Requirements for Amazon Valid Tracking Rate?
Below is an overview of the Valid Tracking Rate requirements sellers must comply with:
- Tracking ID
- Delivery service provider name
- Above mentioned details received by the delivery service provider
- Sellers must reach 95% Amazon VTR
For more details on VTR requirements, CLICK HERE.
Why Maintaining a Higher Amazon Valid Tracking Rate Matters
As mentioned in the preceding discussion, you must maintain a Valid Tracking Rate on Amazon equal to or greater than 95%. It is a policy requirement set by Amazon to guarantee excellent service to their customers.
If you are unable to maintain a Valid Tracking Rate on Amazon, it can result in restrictions on your ability to continue selling seller-fulfilled items in a category in which you failed the Amazon VTR requirements.
Additionally, poor Amazon Valid Tracking Rate can also impact sellers’ eligibility to participate in guaranteed delivery and premium shipping.
In case you encounter a suspended listing, you can apply for reinstatement and submit action to firstname.lastname@example.org. When your submission has been approved, your suspended listings will be restored.
What are the Advantages of Providing Tracking Details?
Amazon encourages sellers to provide customers valid tracking numbers for all their shipments, not just to benefit their company brand but ultimately the sellers. Amazon emphasizes that proper use of valid tracking numbers to all merchant fulfilled orders can result in:
- Lower Order Defects: It was highlighted that Order Defect Rate for tracked shipments is lower than those untracked packages. Amazon stated that the ODR is 1.7 times higher for untracked shipments.
- Decreased Shopper Queries: Providing a tracking number for orders means less time spent on answering delivery-related queries. According to Amazon, the contact rate “where’s my stuff” is 35 times higher for untracked shipping.
- Increased Feedback Rating: It was also mentioned that shoppers who can track their orders are likely to leave positive feedback.
- A-to-z Guarantee Claims Protection: Disputing an A-to-Z Guarantee claim would be less complicated if you provided customers with valid tracking details. With tracking numbers, you can defend yourself against these faulty claims.
- Lost Order Costs Reduction: Lost order cost is perhaps the most unnecessary expense for sellers. With a valid tracking number, you can determine where the package was lost and who is responsible for it. Hence, potentially avoiding additional expenses.
The importance of using a valid tracking number for your merchant fulfilled orders goes beyond showcasing good customer service. Apart from the ones mentioned above, valid tracking can also contribute to increasing your chances of winning the Amazon Buy Box.
You should understand that lowering negative feedback rate, A-Z Guarantee claim rate, and the order defect rate through the use of valid tracking impacts Amazon Buy Box share.
How Can you Improve Your Valid Tracking Rate on Amazon?
Here are some of the ways you can increase your Valid Tracking Rate on Amazon.
- After you have turned over the package to the carrier, be sure to CONFIRM and UPDATE tracking details within 24 hours to avoid orders being marked as defects.
- Double-check that the details entered in the system are correct, including the TRACKING ID, SHIPPING SERVICE, and CARRIER NAME.
- To instantly upload and confirm tracking details for customer orders, it is best to UTILIZE SHIPPING LABELS through the Buy Shipping services of Amazon.
- Choose AMAZON INTEGRATED CARRIERS found on the Order Detail page’s dropdown menu to avail real-time tracking status.
- Secure one CARRIER SCAN for your tracking IDs to be valid.
Other key Metrics to Consider
Aside from the Valid Tracking Rate on Amazon, you also have other metrics to take into account if you wish to have a successful Amazon business. Fulfillment is just another aspect of the business; you also need to develop a competitive pricing strategy to boost sales.
Using an AI repricing software can help you overcome the highly competitive Amazon landscape caused by constant Amazon price wars and sellers competing for the coveted Amazon Buy Box.