Amazon is the largest e-commerce site in the world, with over 300 million active users and over 1.9 million-selling partners worldwide. It’s a convenient place to sell your products, but it can be difficult to stand out from the crowd.
Selling on Amazon is different from selling elsewhere because you’re not just competing with other sellers; you’re also competing with Amazon itself. Amazon has a line of products that directly compete with yours. To succeed on Amazon as an independent seller, you need to develop a strategy for getting your products noticed by shoppers.
You need to get them in front of buyers at the right time. This can mean using social media or paid advertising, but video marketing is a highly effective way to promote your products on Amazon.
Video marketing can be very helpful in improving the visibility of your product, increasing its sales, and even driving traffic back to your site. However, if you are just starting, it can be difficult to figure out how to use video marketing effectively.
Types of Marketing Videos to Help You Get Started
1. Explainer Videos
An “explanatory video” is a short video that explains what your company does and why people should buy its product or service. This type of video aims to create an emotional connection between the viewer and the brand. This is done by showing them how they will benefit from using your product or service.
It also helps viewers remember what you are selling easier because they don’t have to read all the information; they just need to watch the video once and all the relevant information will be stored in their minds forever.
2. Customer Testimonials Video
Testimonials can help you sell products, services, and ideas by putting a human face on them. The key is that a customer has to be enthusiastic about what they’re saying so that viewers will also be delighted about what they’re watching. When people see someone else praising your business, they feel more comfortable trusting you.
The most powerful customer testimonial videos feature real customers sharing their personal experiences with your product or service.
3. Demo Videos
Demo videos are an excellent way to demonstrate your products and services. With a demo video, you can explain the features and benefits of your product or service in detail. You can also showcase specific elements and sections of the product and even provide live demonstrations.
Demo videos are especially useful and effective when you’re selling something that’s difficult to explain in writing or is technical.
4. Brand Videos
A brand mission statement can be the touchstone of an organization. It provides a sense of identity, inspires employees, and helps customers understand what you stand for.
A well-crafted video can help you define your brand by showing it in action—through the eyes of your customers, employees, partners, and even competitors—rather than just explaining it. And when you use video to share your brand’s mission statements with others, they’ll see exactly what makes your company special. Companies use this type of campaign to raise brand awareness and reach their target audience.
Why Do Amazon Sellers Invest in Video Marketing?
Video marketing is one of the fastest-growing forms of marketing in the world. And Amazon is one of the most popular places to sell your products. If you’re trying to sell on Amazon, video marketing platforms can give you a significant boost in sales and awareness. There are many benefits to using video content for marketing, including:
- Increased engagement: Video is more engaging than written content or static images because it’s a dynamic medium that allows you to tell stories and connect with people on a deeper level. With video content, you can show people what you do and how you do it in a way that words simply cannot.
- Increased visibility: Videos are easier than ever before to share online, which means they’re more likely to be seen by viewers who may not have been reached otherwise. When someone sees a video, they like on social media or elsewhere online, they can easily share it with friends or embed it on their website—which means more exposure for your business.
- Boost brand awareness and conversions: Social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram have the potential to go viral with a well-crafted video, allowing you to get your brand name out there so that potential clients know who you are. Videos also help convert viewers into buyers by demonstrating how each product works in real-life situations. This is so people can see how it might fit into their lives before they buy it.
- Make you more memorable: Humans are visual creatures who respond better to images than to words alone. By using video, you can make yourself memorable by creating an engaging story or narrative that people will remember and share with others. You can also increase your chances of going viral by getting featured on social media sites like YouTube or Facebook — which could result in thousands of views for your video if it gets picked up by a high-traffic site.
Tips to Make the Most of Your Video Marketing Efforts
Video marketing is a powerful tool for building a brand and generating sales. But it’s not as simple as just shooting a video and publishing it on your website. If you want to make the most of your video marketing efforts, here are some tips to help you get started.
1. Create a plan before recording videos
Before you start shooting, make sure that you have everything planned out and that you know exactly what kind of content you want to create. This will help ensure that all of your videos have a similar tone and style and will make them more cohesive as a whole.
2. Don’t forget about audio quality
Many people overlook this aspect when creating videos for YouTube or Facebook Live. This is because they aren’t used to thinking about audio quality when capturing footage with their phones or cameras. Always use headphones or external microphones so that your viewers don’t have to listen to loud background noises or poor sound quality when watching your videos.
3. Use captions and subtitles
If your video is longer than 10 minutes or has foreign-language dialogue in it, consider adding captions and subtitles so that viewers can follow along without sound if they choose not to turn on their speakers or use headphones while watching the video.
4. Use high-quality equipment
Investing in proper equipment is a necessity when producing videos because it will ensure that everything looks clear and professional. Be sure to use high-quality cameras and microphones, as well as lighting and editing software on top of that. Not only will this make your videos look better, but it will also make them easier to shorten into shorter clips or highlight reels.
5. Test your videos before publishing
It’s imperative to test your videos before you publish them so that you can determine which ones are performing better than others. You’ll want to pay particular attention to how viewers react to the content, length of the video, and format (in other words, whether it’s best suited for YouTube or Facebook).
Test all of your videos on mobile devices as well as desktop computers and laptops so that you know how they look and perform across different screens and platforms.
6. Create a plan for distribution
Before creating a video, make sure you have an idea about where and how you’ll distribute it. You can upload it on YouTube or Facebook or create a landing page for it on your website first before sharing it anywhere else online. After uploading the video online, promote it through social media platforms like Facebook Ads or Google AdWords so that more people will watch it.
About the Author:
Hannah Angni writes creative content for brands as a content marketer. She is passionate about marketing and enjoys writing about it.