We all know the many costs and fees involved when selling on Amazon. As an entrepreneur, you need to find ways how you can lower your expenses related to your business. But what if I tell you that you don’t have to spend much on your ads, especially with Amazon Videos?
Most Amazon sellers allocate a lot of money on advertising which makes sense since it’s one way to get ahead of other sellers. What are Amazon Video Ads?
Amazon looks closely at your product page, but what happens if potential customers can’t find it? Amazon video ads are showcased to relevant searches and can appear on the search page results.
Customers can view your ad without needing to be on your store page or clicking on an actual listing. This video is perfect for increasing conversion and reducing bounce rates.
Amazon Ads can help you gain more exposure by driving customers to your product pages. It’s also another way to possibly help improve your conversion rates. Because when customers watch your video, it helps them better understand your product, and it’s a good way to convince them to purchase your product.
What are the Different Types of Amazon Videos
Amazon has several types of videos available for sellers. Learning how to maximize these videos can help improve their sales.
First is the video ad that appears on product search results. It can be found when you scroll down in the middle of the page. Another is if you go to the next page of the page result. You’ll be able to find it at the bottom.
Another type is the Amazon product video, which you can find in a listing as part of your listing photos. Before, you needed to be part of the Brand Registry, but now it is available for all sellers.
The third type is the videos on the video sections within your listing also. This type of video can be uploaded from a buyer’s account and not from the seller’s account.
There’s no maximum number of videos you can upload, and you can also control the placements. You can even create those Canva slideshow videos and place them in the first spot, so it’s not your competitor’s videos that are displayed. It’s really a good way to get free clicks and advertisements within your own listing.
How to Create Low-Cost Amazon Video Ads
A lot of sellers make the excuse of not having enough budget or that it’s too time-consuming to create one. Now, you won’t have an excuse because I’m going to show you how you can create an amazing Amazon Video ad for less than $50.
So, of course, before you can create a product video, you should have done your product research on sites like Alibaba and have the sample with you.
- After you’ve decided on the product and you received the sample with your packaging, you will need at least one or two people to help you. It can be your partner, your sibling, your friend, or even your child if you’re working with toys.
- You need to explain to them what they need to do before they unbox the product. Then let them explore and unbox it naturally to make it look realistic. It doesn’t have to be perfect. If they didn’t open the box as you instructed, you can stop and ask them to do it again.
- You don’t also need an expensive gadget to shoot videos. Your iPhone or Samsung phones have amazing quality, especially the latest ones. Next, make sure that you shoot the video with your phone horizontally. This way, you can get 1080p quality.
- Don’t worry about speaking while filming because the video editor can remove the sound for you. So, you can speak and give them instructions while you shoot.
- After taking the raw video, you can create a folder in your Google drive. To keep your files organized, you should have a folder for each product, so you can also find them easily when you need to check them in the future.
- Once you have uploaded the raw video to your Google Drive, you can share it with your video editor. Once you find the right video editor, share the link to Google drive.
- You can also make a video to explain to them what you want them to do with the raw video. This way, it would be easier to understand what you want them to do with the video.
- Lastly, don’t forget to inform them about Amazon’s guidelineson videos so you won’t have problems in the future.
You see, it’s not that hard to create an Amazon Video Ad, and it doesn’t have to be expensive. Most of the time, shoppers appreciate those videos that are simpler than those that professionals do.
I can share more tips with you about Amazon video ads on my Sourcing Monster website, which you can find here.
How to Find a Good Video Editor
Suppose you haven’t worked with a video editor before and are clueless about how to find one. Below are some tips on how you can search for a good but affordable video editor.
- Since we’re looking for a way to save money, you can begin your search on Fiverr. Find those that are within your budget.
- When searching, aside from the price, you should also consider their rating. Go for those with five-star reviews.
- Check their portfolio and their previous work and see what they can offer. Check the quality of their work.
- Another thing to consider is to find those with unlimited revisions since there will be times that you need to go back and forth to revise it.
If you’re happy with their work and wish to work with them in the future, you might as well take care of them. For example, you can give them a little bonus as a token of appreciation. This way, they will be more motivated to work hard and create amazing videos for you. Also, it makes hiring them for the next projects a much faster process.
Creating Amazon video ads doesn’t have to be expensive and time-consuming. As long as you have a mobile phone with a great quality camera and know how to find an affordable video editor, you can create amazing video ads that convert.
Utilizing Amazon video ads can significantly increase the changes of higher conversion rates. But be sure to follow Amazon guidelines so all your efforts will not go to waste. Also, keep the videos short, informative, and straightforward so shoppers will enjoy watching them. If they get value from your videos, they are more likely to buy your product.
About the Author:
I’m Tomer from Sourcing Monster, owner of an Amazon FBA brand with experience in e-commerce for 14 years. My passion started when I was young, and I’ve been programming since age 12. When I was 14, I opened my 1st online business, which was a hosting company. At 16, I left school to pursue my dreams full-time by working at a start-up company until now, where I have experience in e-commerce and marketing.
In addition to my own success on Amazon, I also teach other sellers how to succeed on this platform through my website and YouTube channel, Sourcing Monster, where I share videos about sourcing products from China and running successful online businesses.